Laguna Pavilion Dental offers comprehensive dental exams and professional teeth cleanings to keep your smile bright, healthy, and clean for life.
Your teeth are designed to last your entire life, but they aren’t immune to damage. Oral health problems can affect your teeth, gums, and your entire bodily health. From tooth decay and gum disease to oral cancer, growing evidence is showing just how influential oral health is to systemic disease and chronic inflammation.
Dental Exams to Spot Oral Health Problems Early
Regular dental exams give you a chance to identify oral health problems before they require more intensive treatment. During your oral health exam with us at Laguna Pavilion Dental, Dr. Sattout will inspect your oral cavity for signs of:
- Tooth decay. Early tooth decay typically doesn’t produce any symptoms, and may even be able to be reversed without a filling. However, when left to progress, tooth decay can eventually require root canal therapy and even an extraction.
- Gum disease. The beginning stages of gum disease, called gingivitis, may produce mild symptoms such as gum inflammation and redness, but by the time you’ve noticed an issue, you could have more extensive periodontal disease.
- Oral infection. An infection in your oral cavity could range from oral thrush to a tooth infection, both of which require prompt treatment to remedy from your professional dentist.
- Teeth grinding. Also called bruxism, teeth grinding is hugely damaging to teeth and can lead to chronic pain and even loose and cracked teeth.
- Enamel damage. Tooth enamel can wear away due to harsh brushing, poor eating habits, or tooth decay. Dr. Sattout will ensure your tooth enamel is healthy to prevent sensitive and damaged teeth.
- Oral cancer. An oral cancer screening is recommended annually and includes a simple exam of your oral cavity to look for discoloration, lesions, or other abnormalities.
Professional Teeth Cleanings to Prevent Tooth Decay & Gum Disease
Teeth cleanings not only remove surface stains from your teeth to keep your smile bright, but remove plaque, bacteria, and tartar to prevent oral disease. Even with proper oral care at home, it’s virtually impossible to remove every trace of plaque from your smile.
Plaque that’s left on teeth can accumulate and increase your risk for tooth decay and gum disease. Teeth cleanings help keep your teeth and gums strong to resist dental health problems and prevent the need for more intensive treatments later on.
Getting your teeth professionally cleaned is an investment into your smile that can prevent everything from tooth decay and gum disease to discoloration. How often you need to come in to have your teeth cleaned all depends on your unique oral health, although six months is a good general guideline for patients.
Schedule an Appointment With Us
At Laguna Pavilion Dental, Dr. Sattout provides preventative care services in the form of dental cleanings and exams to support you and your family’s dental health for life. Our comprehensive oral care allows you to take the best care of your teeth and gums to prevent dental health problems that impact both the health and the appearance of your smile. Call us today at (916) 520-4270 to schedule an appointment!